Monday, December 5, 2022

Mary Letter Day Eight


1 To you, O LORD, 
I lift up my soul; my God, 
I put my trust in you: * 
let me not be humiliated, 
nor let my enemies triumph over me. 
2 Let none who look 
to you be put to shame; * 
let the treacherous be 
disappointed in their schemes. 
3 Show me your ways, O LORD, * 
and teach me your paths. 
4 Lead me in your truth and teach me, * 
for you are the God of my salvation; 
in you have I trusted all the day long. 
5 Remember, O Lord, 
your compassion and love, * 
for they are from everlasting. 
6 Remember not the sins 
of my youth and my transgressions; * 
remember me according to your love 
and for the sake of your goodness, O LORD. 
7 Gracious and upright are you, O LORD; * 
therefore you teach sinners in your way. 
8 You guide the humble in doing right * 
and teach your way to the lowly. Psalm 25:1-8

Dear Mama,

Joseph is here and will spend the night before bringing me back home. We have a lot to discuss and will have a visit with Rabbi Saul in a little while. I am a little bit nervous about the talk with him. Elizabeth says he's very understanding and believes my story. Still, I am worried about the reception we will get. There is no denying now that I am with child. My belly gets rounder and more prominent by the day. The days of sickness have passed which I am so glad of. It was hard never knowing what would make me sick or when I would be overwhelmed by nausea. Now I am hungry all the times it seems!

Joseph tells me that you have had some challenges at home. Nosey neighbors saying rude things. I really am sorry for all the trouble I have caused you. I would never, never want you to be hurt in any way. I said yes to God, but I guess I never thought through the consequences of my actions. It was so overwhelming, and the angel was very convincing. And of course, I trust God and know I made the right choice. Only, Mama, I never want you or Papa to be hurt and ostracized in your own hometown. I pray God will protect us all!

It's time for us to go to the Temple and visit with the rabbi. I will tell you all about it when I get home. Kiss Papa for me.

Love,

Mary

No comments: