Monday, December 19, 2022

Mary Letter Day Twenty


On that day the root of Jesse shall stand as a signal to the peoples; the nations shall inquire of him, and his dwelling shall be glorious. On that day the Lord will extend his hand yet a second time to recover the remnant that is left of his people, from Assyria, from Egypt, from Pathros, from Ethiopia, from Elam, from Shinar, from Hamath, and from the coastlands of the sea. He will raise a signal for the nations, and will assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth. Isaiah 11:10-12

Dear Mama,

We are getting so close to Bethlehem and should be there tomorrow! That means that Joseph can take care of business and we can turn right around and come home! I am so big and so ready to be home and have this baby. I have been very careful to follow all your instructions about my self care, including oiling my tummy so there are few skin stretch marks, drinking plenty of water and resting often. My tummy grows larger every day! It must be very crowded in there and it feels like the baby has been sitting very low down these past few days. 

Joseph's cousins Martha and Ezra cared for us when we arrived late last night. They insisted we have some tea and food before they put us to bed. They sat up with us listening to our stories about our journey. Martha was very upset when Joseph told them about how cruel our towns people were to us, and to both of you. They are such faithful people, Mama. They said that we did the right thing to listen to God's voice and direction in our dreams. 

This morning when we woke, it was getting close to noon and the sun was very warm. After a very big breakfast, Martha suggested that I have a full bath which she could help me with. Ezra and Joseph went to care for the donkey an restock our dwindling food supplies so we could have some privacy. Martha also wanted to make sure everything was fine with the baby and me, of course. She has studied with the local side women and knows what to look for. The bath was wonderful. She soaped me down and clean me off and then rubbed my skin with fragrant oils. It was heavenly! I didn't realize how much I needed that. She also told me the baby was coming very soon at which point I started to cry. I want to be home with you! Martha told me that I was in God's good hands, and so were Jospeh and the baby. We will have what we need when the time come, she said. I hope and pray she is right, although I am deterined to be back home with you!

Much love,

Mary

No comments: