Thursday, December 8, 2022

Mary Letter Day Nine


1 Do not fret yourself 
because of evildoers; * 
do not be jealous of 
those who do wrong. 
2 For they shall soon 
wither like the grass, * 
and like the 
green grass fade away. 
3 Put your trust in the 
LORD and do good; * 
dwell in the land 
and feed on its riches. 
4 Take delight in the LORD, * 
who shall give you 
your heart’s desire. 
5 Commit your way 
to the LORD; put your 
trust in the LORD, * 
who will bring it to pass. 
6 The LORD will make 
your righteousness 
as clear as the light * 
and your just dealing 
as the noonday. 
7 Be still before the LORD; * 
wait patiently for the LORD. 
8 Do not fret yourself 
over the one who prospers, * 
the one who succeeds in evil schemes. 
9 Refrain from anger,
 leave rage alone; * 
do not fret yourself; 
it leads only to evil. Psalm 37:1-9


Dear Auntie,

I am so sorry for not writing when I first got home. I was very ill when we got back and everyone was very afraid, including me. I couldn't keep anything down and could only sip water for two days. Jospeh stayed right by my side and held my hand throughout. Mama was worried that I would lose the baby. In her panic and fear, she called for the wise women, our local ones. We knew our secret would be out, but she was afraid for my life and for the child. 

The good news is the sickness has passed and was probably brought on my something I ate. And, the baby is safe. The wise women came and examined me. How embarrassing! They listened to my belly, felt the child and closely examined my private parts. They said everything was fine and that the baby was growing well and has a strong heartbeat. We expect my situation will no longer be kept quiet since I am sure they will talk. Let them!

For now, I am on bedrest after that tough time. Jospeh is here every day and reads to me from the psalms. He quiets my fears and reminds me that our wedding is very soon. Then no one can say anything vile about us. I am still quite weak. Mama is feeding me broths and soups and fussing over me. Sometimes trauma can tear people apart. God blessed me with a family that draws closer when challenges arise. How fortunate I am! Thank you for our time together, I have grown so much in faith because of you. 

love,

Mary

No comments: