Thursday, December 15, 2022

Mary Letter Day Fifteen


1 The LORD, the God of gods, has spoken; * 
and has called the earth from 
the rising of the sun to its setting. 
2 Out of Zion, perfect in its beauty, * 
God shines forth in glory. 
3 Our God will come and 
will not keep silence; * 
before God there is a consuming flame, 
and round about a raging storm. 
4 God calls the heavens 
and the earth from above * 
to witness the judgment 
of the chosen people. 
5 Gather before me my loyal followers, *
 those who have made a covenant 
with me and sealed it with sacrifice.” 
6 Let the heavens declare 
the rightness of God’s cause; * 
for it is God who is judge. Psalm 50:1-6

Dear Auntie Elizabeth,

The plans for travel are getting very intense with Mama cooking like crazy and Papa and Joseph making secret arrangements with family and friends on our route. Joseph purchased a donkey from a neighbor because the men both felt I might need to ride in my condition. Also, the animal can carry supplies as we travel, freeing up both of us for our journey. This will be the first time traveling with Jospeh as a married woman! And it will be my first ever trip to Bethlehem!

Mama and I ventured out to the river early in the morning yesterday. We knew a spot that we would have privacy and where no one would bother us. We took our breakfast and said our prayers as the world came to life around us. We did some final washing of my travel clothes and a few baby items. Mama and I know I will be home before anything happens, but we want to be safe and prepared for everything. We didn't say much but the words we did say were tender and understanding. Mama is so worried for me, yet she is treating me like an adult and respecting my wishes. I am so blessed by her and hate to leave without her.

Tomorrow the wise women come to inspect me for the journey. Mama found them from a cousin many miles away. They will arrive tonight and examine me in the morning so they can get back on the road. I am both fearful and excited all the time, Elizabeth. I had no idea my life would be like this! As always, pray for me and my family.

Much love,

Mary


No comments: