Monday, December 12, 2022

Mary Letter Day Twelve


1 Happy are they who 
consider the poor and needy! * 
the LORD will deliver them 
in the time of trouble. 
2 The LORD preserves them 
and keeps them alive, so that 
they may be happy in the land; * 
the LORD does not hand them 
over to the will of their enemies. 
3 The LORD sustains
 them on their sickbed * 
and ministers to them in their illness. 
4 I said, “LORD, be merciful to me; *
 heal me, for I have sinned against you.” 
5 My enemies are saying 
wicked things about me: * 
asking when I will die, 
and when my name will perish. 
6 Even if they come to see me, 
they speak empty words; * 
their heart collects false rumors; 
they go outside and spread them. 
7 All my enemies whisper 
together about me * 
and devise evil against me. 
8 They say a deadly thing
 has fastened on me; * 
that I have taken to my bed 
and will never get up again. 
9 Even my best friend, whom I trusted, 
who broke bread with me, * 
has scorned me and turned against me. 
10 But you, O LORD, be merciful 
to me and raise me up, * 
and I shall repay them. 
11 By this I know you 
are pleased with me, * 
that my enemy does not 
triumph over me. 
12 In my integrity 
you hold me fast, * 
and shall set me 
before your face for ever. 
 13 Blessed be the 
LORD God of Israel * 
from age to age. Amen. Amen. Psalm 41

Dear Auntie,

Thank you for your letter and all the news you sent my way. I am sad that you can't come for the wedding, but I am glad you and the baby are healthy. Thank you also for your generous gift! It will help us so much as we are starting out. There is so much we need for setting up a household, and, with a child on the way.

Mama and I ventured out to the market yesterday to purchase some final needs for the wedding. We also needed to get supplies for our trip to Bethlehem. I ran into some friends I have known all my life. These girls are my age and at first they were friendly and polite. Then they started teasing and saying awful things about Joseph. They also called me names. I burst out in tears and Mama yelled at them and they ran off laughing. I had to come home and let Mama make all the purchases alone. Once I got settled back at home, Papa rushed to help Mama carry home the supplies. It took me a long time to stop crying. I was so hurt.

It looks like the wedding is any day now. Papa and Joseph don't want any delays after what happened yesterday. Men from our temple keep confronting Papa, as if he's done something wrong. So, Papa has sent Philip to collect the Rabbi and the "festivities" will begin shortly after he arrives. Jospeh has been very comforting and calm during this time. He refuses to listen to any criticism, rock solid in his conviction that we are listening to God alone. We pray together, especially when I am overwhelmed, and helps me focus on the boy growing inside of me. God's child!

Sending so much love and prayers! And please pray for me! I need it!

Mary

No comments: