Friday, December 2, 2022

Mary Letter ay Six




1 Protect me, O God, 
for I take refuge in you; * 
I have said to the LORD, 
“You are my Lord, 
my good above all other.” 
2 All my delight is upon 
the godly that are in the land, * 
upon those who are 
noble among the people. 
3 But those who 
run after other gods * 
shall have their troubles multiplied. 
4 Their libations of blood 
I will not offer, *
 nor take the names of 
their gods upon my lips. 
5 O LORD, you are 
my portion and my cup; * 
it is you who uphold my lot. 
6 My boundaries enclose a pleasant land; * 
indeed, I have a goodly heritage. 
7 I will bless the LORD who gives me counsel; * 
my heart teaches me, night after night. 
8 I have set the LORD always before me; * 
because you are at my 
right hand I shall not fall. 
9 My heart, therefore, is glad, 
and my spirit rejoices; *
 my body also shall rest in hope. 
10 For you will not abandon me to the grave, *
 nor let your holy one see the Pit. 
11 You will show me the path of life; * 
in your presence there is fullness of joy, 
and in your right hand are 
pleasures for evermore. Psalm 16


Dear Mama,

I arrived safely here last evening. You'll be happy to know that Philip was a wonderful driver, going slow and carefully the whole way.  When I arrived, Auntie came running out, looking like a young girl.
Despite being round with child, she embraced me and danced with joy. Although Uncle Zachariah doesn't speak these days, he was overjoyed as well. We celebrated with a wonderful meal, (Philip joined us before he headed on) and stayed up late talking. What a wonderful welcome!

I woke up this morning late and was feeling under the weather. I tried to eat a little breakfast but was then very sick to my stomach. I felt awful! Auntie reassured me that she has had many days like that and that it would pass. It did after I spent most of the morning with my feet up. Auntie is making sure I drink plenty of water and has taught me some tricks about living with a child growing within. She is also teaching me some prayers to recite when I am feeling overwhelmed and what psalms to read when I need a lift. They are both so supportive and kind. 

Mama, I miss you and Papa, but know this is a good thing to be apart for a time. We will have plenty of time together after the baby is born! I am so grateful that you did not throw me out! I know accepting our stories was hard, You are so brave and the best mom a girl could ask for.

Sending much love.

Mary

No comments: