Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Mary Letter Day Fifteen


1 Clap your hands, all you peoples; * 
shout to God with a cry of joy. 
 2 For the Lord Most High is to be feared; * 
he is the great King over all the earth. 
 3 He subdues the peoples under us, *
and the nations under our feet. 
 4 He chooses our inheritance for us, * 
the pride of Jacob whom he loves. 
 5 God has gone up with a shout, * 
the Lord with the sound of the ram's-horn. 
 6 Sing praises to God, sing praises; *
 sing praises to our King, sing praises. 
 7 For God is King of all the earth; * 
sing praises with all your skill. 
 8 God reigns over the nations; * 
God sits upon his holy throne. 
 9 The nobles of the peoples 
have gathered together * 
with the people of the God of Abraham. 
10 The rulers of the earth belong to God, *
 and he is highly exalted. Psalm 47



Dear Auntie,

After my last letter to you, we all decided that we should stay another day with Marian and Saul. It became apparent that my injuries, although minor, made it a bit tough to walk very well. Marian was insistent that I take care and stay for another day. Despite her small stature, she is quite a powerful force to deal with! It was the best decision, despite my protests. She made me spend most of the day in bed after a warm bath and lots of tea, and food. After a good lot of sleeping and resting, I think we are ready to set out this evening. I feel like a whole new being, despite being so round and unwieldy.

Saul helped Joseph with the supplies and gave him extra money for supplies when we run out. They are both so thoughtful and kind, like having an extra set of parents, without any anxiety or criticism. I am also going to write to Mama and Papa, reassuring them that things are going quite well. I am worried about my delivery time, as it seems this child has dropped down quite a bit as if my time will be soon. I guess the local wise women made me nervous. We are not too far away now, so we should be in Bethlehem before long.

Much love,

Mary 

No comments: