Monday, December 4, 2023

Mary Letter Day Two


1 To you I lift up my eyes, * 
to you enthroned in the heavens. 
 2 As the eyes of servants look 
to the hand of their masters, * 
and the eyes of a maid to the 
hand of her mistress, 
 3 So our eyes look 
to the Lord our God, * 
until he show us his mercy. 
 4 Have mercy upon us, 
O Lord, have mercy, * 
for we have had more 
than enough of contempt, 
 5 Too much of the scorn
 of the indolent rich, * 
and of the derision of the proud. 

Psalm 123





Dearest Mama,

I am so glad that you and Papa accepted Joseph offer that we might be married. Thank you! I know the past weeks have been so very hard, trying to take all of this in. I am still overwhelmed, although Elizabeth has been very kind and helpful. She is quite great with child and I marvel at her capacity to work and pray. Despite her age, she gets around quite well and has helped me know what to expect in the coming months. We hve been praying and singing the songs of King David together. Such a comfort! Mama, I know you and Papa are scared. Me too! This is not the normal way of live, of marriage, of anything. I have come to see that the Lord's ways are not my ways. Embarrassments and awkwardness seem to be part of the Lord's divine way, which I will always marvel at and find challenging as well. 

Mama, I cannot wait to be home with you and embrace you and Papa. I know this is a very hard time for you, yet I trust together we will find a way. Together. My body seems to change every day and there will be no hiding what's happening to me when I return. I don't want to scare you, just want you to be prepared. Joseph will be here in the morning to bring me home. Then, we can make plans for the wedding. I don't mind that we have to keep it private, since nothing about our lives are normal right now. I only care that we can be a family together again. Please kiss Papa for me and reassure him as well.

Much love,

Mary


No comments: