Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Mary Letter Day Twenty One


1 O Lord, I call to you; my Rock,
do not be deaf to my cry; * 
lest, if you do not hear me, 
I become like those 
who go down to the Pit. 
2 Hear the voice of my prayer 
when I cry out to you, * 
when I lift up my hands 
to your holy of holies. 
 3 Do not snatch me away with 
the wicked or with the evildoers, * 
who speak peaceably 
with their neighbors, 
while strife is in their hearts. 
 4 Repay them
according to their deeds, * 
and according to the 
wickedness of their actions. 
5 According to the work of
their hands repay them, * 
and give them their just deserts. 
6 They have no understanding 
of the Lord's doings, 
nor of the works of his hands; * 
therefore he will break them 
down and not build them up. 
7 Blessed is the Lord! * 
for he has heard the voice of my prayer. 
8 The Lord is my strength and my shield; * 
my heart trusts in him, and I have been helped; 
9 Therefore my heart dances for joy, * 
and in my song will I praise him. 
10 The Lord is the strength of his people, * 
a safe refuge for his anointed. 
11 Save your people and bless your inheritance; * 
shepherd them and carry them for ever. Psalm 28

Dear Auntie,

He's here and he's perfect! I am so sore from labor, but it was all worth it! We are still in Bethlehem, as Joseph is still waiting for the paperwork to be done and now, the wise women do not want me to travel for a while. They have been coming twice a day to check on me and are giving me tea and compressing to help with the bleeding. Anna the innkeeper, has been overwhelming us with food and care. Her grandchildren live faraway, so she is treating me like her daughter and the baby like a grandchild. I couldn't be happier to have her help. She watches the baby while I take naps during the day. The night feeding keep me from getting a good night's sleep. I really don't mind, as holding him and looking on his face is all I really need.

I think Mama and Papa are sad I did not make it home in time. I am too, but so grateful that both of us came through the ordeal and are both healthy and strong. Joseph is so sweet through all of this. He was really anxious and was so worried during the delivery. and at one point the wise women sent him away for supplies, which was really meant to keep him busy and away from the women's work. Now he loves to hold him and sing to him. He's a proud and caring father for which I am eternally grateful.

I think we will remain here until I am well enough to travel. We have had so many visitors! The shepherds and all of the inn's residents have boasted about the baby born here. And there is a star, every night, which hovers above this place, as if it's celebrating with us. At night, after a feeding, I step outside to gaze on it's beauty. I wonder what our God is doing and give thanks for safety and health. 

I have a hungry aby who is getting more insistent by the minute. I write again soon.

Love.

Mary

No comments: