Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Cry For Help - Mary Letter Day 10


To you, O Lord, I call;
   my rock, do not refuse to hear me,
for if you are silent to me,
   I shall be like those who go down to the Pit.
Hear the voice of my supplication,
   as I cry to you for help,
as I lift up my hands
   towards your most holy sanctuary.

Do not drag me away with the wicked,
   with those who are workers of evil,
who speak peace with their neighbors,
   while mischief is in their hearts.
Repay them according to their work,
   and according to the evil of their deeds;
repay them according to the work of their hands;
   render them their due reward.
Because they do not regard the works of the Lord,
   or the work of his hands,
he will break them down and build them up no more.

Blessed be the Lord,
   for he has heard the sound of my pleadings.
The Lord is my strength and my shield;
   in him my heart trusts;
so I am helped, and my heart exults,
   and with my song I give thanks to him.

The Lord is the strength of his people;
   he is the saving refuge of his anointed.
O save your people, and bless your heritage;
   be their shepherd, and carry them for ever. 


Dear Aunt Elizabeth,

Such good news from you! Momma told me that you are safely delivered 
and you have a healthy little boy! I know you were worried that your
body might not withstand the delivery, but I knew it would be well!
The Lord has called us to this responsibility, and you are so strong and
my role model. I am so proud of you and so happy for you!

Joseph and I sat in the garden last night. The air was cool and it was so
nice to be outside for a time. During daylight, I usually stay indoors so
that no one sees me like this. The folks in the village have rushed to
judgement and hurl all sorts of insults at us when they see me. And
sometimes they throw other things as well, including stones, rotten
fruit and big stick. The worst for me is being shunned by friends
and people who I love. It is so heart breaking to see people I have 
known all my life act like they don't know me.

We had a good talk last night, Joseph and I. He is quite a good man
and very patient with me. He explained what he and Poppa have
mapped out for our journey to be registered. We will travel by night
and stay with relatives, some of our family and some of Joseph's. 
We will probably leave in a day or two. I told him how frightened
I was and he said he was scared as well. He worries the baby will
come and he knows nothing about birth and babies! It was a comfort
to know we are scared together and trusting God together.

Love to you and your little one. Uncle too!

Mary




No comments: