Friday, December 21, 2018

Save Me - Mary Letter Day 20

Save me, O God,
 by your name,
   and vindicate
 me by your might.
Hear my prayer, O God; give ear
to the words of 
my mouth.

For the insolent
 have risen against me,
   the ruthless 
seek my life; they do not set God before them.
    

But surely, God is my helper;
   the Lord is the upholder of my life.
He will repay my enemies for their evil.
   In your faithfulness, put an end to them.

With a freewill-offering I will sacrifice to you;
   I will give thanks to your name, O Lord, for it is good.
For he has delivered me from every trouble,
   and my eye has looked in triumph on my enemies. Psalm 54

Dear Momma and Poppa,

just wanted to send a note to let you know we are well on our 
way and safe so far. We should be seeing the outskirts of 
Bethlehem by tomorrow! Joseph and I have been traveling at
 night, as you suggested and we are keeping off the main roads,
 which are too crowded and dusty anyway. We have not stayed
 with relatives the last few nights, as you had planned, since
 those who were following us seemed to know our relatives
 and where to find us. Don't be mad that we didn't follow the
 instructions, please. We are doing our best and having to make
 it up each day as we go.

I am eating well, but can only take small meals at a time. The
 baby is not leaving me much room for food, or breathing for that
 matter. He seems to be still active and likes when I ride on the 
donkey. I can only ride for short periods of time since I get very 
sore, very quickly. Joseph is so patient with me and doesn't seem
 to mind the slow pace of things. He is a wonderful husband, and 
we have learned, on this trip, to trust each other and be honest 
with everything. The people we meet on the way have been very
 kind as well. It is as if God puts loving strangers in our midst 
who know just what we need. We even stayed in a sheep camp
 and the women there took great care of me!

I miss you so much and can't wait to be home with you so 
very soon!

Much love,

Mary

No comments: