Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Out of Zion - Mary letter Day 4

The word that Isaiah son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem.

In days to come
the mountain of the Lord’s house
shall be established as the highest of the mountains,
and shall be raised above the hills;
all the nations shall stream to it.
Many peoples shall come and say,
“Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD,
to the house of the God of Jacob;
that he may teach us his ways
and that we may walk in his paths.”
For out of Zion shall go forth instruction,
and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
He shall judge between the nations,
and shall arbitrate for many peoples;
they shall beat their swords into plowshares,
and their spears into pruning hooks;
nation shall not lift up sword against nation,
neither shall they learn war any more.

O house of Jacob,
come, let us walk
in the light of the LORD!
For you have forsaken the ways of your people,
O house of Jacob.
Indeed they are full of diviners from the east
and of soothsayers like the Philistines,
and they clasp hands with foreigners.
Their land is filled with silver and gold,
and there is no end to their treasures;
their land is filled with horses,
and there is no end to their chariots.
Their land is filled with idols;
they bow down to the work of their hands,
to what their own fingers have made.
And so people are humbled,
and everyone is brought low —
do not forgive them!
Enter into the rock,
and hide in the dust
from the terror of the LORD,
and from the glory of his majesty.
The haughty eyes of people shall be brought low,
and the pride of everyone shall be humbled;
and the LORD alone will be exalted on that day.Isaiah 2:1-11  
Dear Aunt Elizabeth,
I am so much better than I have been! Joseph had returned and was very upset with the news. But tonight he came and called us all together. He seemed so elated after being so hurt and angry only a few days earlier. My parents were astonished when he told them of his dream. He said he too had an angelic visitation and that he was told not to be afraid. This is from the Lord, he said. I had said the exact same things but they discounted my vision. So now, we will be married privately and will find a way to live into this special responsibility from God. I wished they had believed me from the first, despite how ridiculous it seemed. We can make a plan now and live our lives here bringing up this promised child.
I am planning to come visit in a few days and see how you're progressing. I am so excited that we will both be mothers soon. I feel so inadequate for the task so I hope to learn from you. There is so much I want to ask you but will hold it for our time together. Momma and Poppa are still reeling, trying to grasp what is happening to them, even though it's me who is being stretched and expanding! We have both been promised children who will change the world and I have promised God that I will be the best vessel that I can be. I am so very scared! I pray for you daily and covet your prayers as well.
Much love,
Mary


No comments: