Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Comfort in Trouble - Mary Letter Day 16



49 Remember your word to your servant, * 
because you have given me hope. 
50 This is my comfort in my trouble, * 
that your promise gives me life. 
51 The proud have derided me cruelly, * 
but I have not turned from your law. 
52 When I remember your judgments of old, * 
O LORD, I take great comfort. 
53 I am filled with a burning rage, * 
because of the wicked who forsake your law. 
54 Your statutes have been like songs to me * 
wherever I have lived as a stranger. 
55 I remember your name in the night, O LORD, * 
and dwell upon your law. 
56 This is how it has been with me, * 
because I have kept your commandments. 
Psalm 119:49-72





Dear Elizabeth,

I heard the wonderful news that your little one has been born and he is strong and healthy! And you are well too I understand. I am so happy for all of you and delighted that your husband regained his voice. God is good at all times! What a comfort this news has been to me, as life here is challenging every day.
The final stages of packing are going on furiously. The normal calm in this household is completely shattered. Mama, Papa and Joseph won't let me do anything. I feel a bit helpless and useless as they all scurry around packing and cooking and making final arrangements. Mama has arranged for one last visit from the wise woman. She is on her way now but she lives a good distance away. One more embarrassing examination to make sure the baby and I are all right. I know this baby is all right! It feels like there is a game going on in my belly with all the constant kicking and elbowing. Yet I am anxious and excited to meet the little one.

Your life must be very different and very full right now. I hope you will write to me and tell me about everything. I wish I could visit one last time but Papa says the authorities are already angry that Joseph hasn't left already for Bethlehem. They were by here the other day, asking questions and generally being obnoxious. We will leave in the next night or two. After that it is a big question as to how far we will get and how long it will take us. The route the men have planned is back roads and sheep paths, away from any crowds. They are still very worried for my safety.

Sending so much love to you and your "boys",


Mary

No comments: