Thursday, December 30, 2021

Wisdom - Mary Letter Day 29


Wisdom freed from a nation of oppressors * 
a holy people and a blameless race. 
She entered the soul of a servant of the Lord, * 
withstood dread rulers with wonders and signs. 
To the saints she gave the reward of their labors, * 
and led them by a marvelous way; 
She was their shelter by day * 
and a blaze of stars by night. 
She brought them across the Red Sea, * 
she led them through mighty waters; 
But their enemies she swallowed in the waves * 
and spewed them out 
from the depths of the abyss. 
And then, Lord, the righteous sang
 hymns to your Name, * 
and praised with one voice your protecting hand; 
For Wisdom opened the mouths of the mute, * 
and gave speech to the tongues of a new-born people. Wisdom 10:15-19,20b-21




Dear Mama,

I know I am very young but I feel like I am gaining wisdom being a mother and surrounded by women who teach me so many things. I wish you were her to get to know them, as you would fit right in with them. They visit every day. Our hostess checks on me several times a day. They share stories and laugh, and take turns rocking and walking with the baby. I have learned that being a mother requires having a requires community and family. They have been that for me since I can't be with you and Papa. They teach me ways to calm this little one, and how to tell what his cries and noises might mean. I am so blessed by their wisdom.

The young shepherds stopped by again last night as there is a star over this place. It is bright and I have been told the astronomers call it a comet. I don't know what that means but they tell me they are very rare. It signifies an important event and person. The shepherds are convinced this little boy is meant to be a king. I think that may be trouble soon for us in this conflicted city. But the brave shepherds have pledged their loyalty and protection. So sweet, but they have no weapons except for a few sticks and slingshots. Their kindness is genuine and I am moved daily by the goodness of strangers. I have to believe that God has sent this people to encourage us daily.

Love,

Mary


No comments: