Sunday, December 26, 2021

Mary Letter Day 26

1 I will exalt you, O Lord, 
because you have lifted me up * 
and have not let my enemies triumph over me. 
2 O Lord my God, I cried out to you, * 
and you restored me to health. 
 3 You brought me up, 
O Lord, from the dead; * 
you restored my life as I was 
going down to the grave. 
 4 Sing to the Lord, you servants of his; * 
give thanks for the remembrance 
of his holiness. 
5 For his wrath endures 
but the twinkling of an eye, * 
his favor for a lifetime. 
 6 Weeping may spend the night, * 
but joy comes in the morning. 
 7 While I felt secure, I said, 
"I shall never be disturbed. * 
You, Lord, with your favor, 
made me as strong as the mountains." 
 8 Then you hid your face, * 
and I was filled with fear. 

 9 I cried to you, O Lord; * 
I pleaded with the Lord, saying, 
10 "What profit is there in my blood, 
if I go down to the Pit? * 
will the dust praise you or 
declare your faithfulness? 
11 Hear, O Lord, and have mercy upon me; * 
O Lord, be my helper." 
12 You have turned my wailing into dancing; * 
you have put off my sack-cloth 
and clothed me with joy. 
13 Therefore my heart sings 
to you without ceasing; * 
O Lord my God, I will give you thanks for ever. Psalm 30

Dear Mama,

I am learning how challenging it is to be a mother as well as a wife. Fortunately, you have been a great example for me. The wise women have been checking on me every day, since they know my mother is far away. They have taught me how to clean and change him, how to help him get to sleep, and exercises to help my body return to normal. I'm not sure I will ever have my shape back, but they keep reassuring me that I will. Our hosts have been bringing us extra food from their table, so I don't have to think about food preparation. Everyone wants me to eat! I am so grateful for their kindnesses. Folks, who were strangers just days ago, have become like family. While Joseph is off waiting with so many others at the census office, they sit with me and take turn holding the baby.

Joseph is a wonderful father. He loved to walk the boy and sing to him whim bouncing on his shoulder. Joseph talks to him in a gentle voice, telling him the stories of our lives. He is always willing to change him and watch him when I need to rest. All of my fears before our marriage have faded away. He is kind and protective. He is also very smart, kind and patient. And now that he is a father, he laughs and sings all the time. The only thing that makes him grumpy is the paperwork and waiting he has had to deal with. We will be so glad when this is over and we can come home again!

love,

Mary

No comments: