Monday, December 30, 2019

Mary Letter Day 30

In your strength the king rejoices, O Lord,
   and in your help how greatly he exults!
You have given him his heart’s desire,
   and have not withheld the request of his lips.
   For you meet him with rich blessings;
   you set a crown of fine gold on his head.
He asked you for life; you gave it to him—
   length of days for ever and ever.
His glory is great through your help;
   splendor and majesty you bestow on him.
You bestow on him blessings for ever;
   you make him glad with the joy of your presence.
For the king trusts in the Lord,
   and through the steadfast love of the Most High he shall not be moved. Psalm 21:1-7

Dear Aunt Elizabeth,

We are fine but stuck in the city for a while longer. Little baby Jesus is so wonderful and he occupies my day and night. I don't mind at all except that I haven't slept nearly enough since he arrived. The city is noisy and dirty but people have been kind to us. I am planning to venture out in to the market just to bet some sunlight and walk around a bit. Joseph insists he goes with me to keep me safe. Our innkeeper, Leah, has become like a mother to me and she will watch him for the time we are out. I really don't want to leave him at all, but I do need to stretch my legs and get out of these cramped quarters.

We had hoped that the paperwork for Joseph would go more easily than it has. The backlog is terrible and the government seems to move so slowly. Twice Joseph has gone to keep an appointment and twice they have rescheduled it after he arrived. The people around us have been very kind, which makes up for all the frustration and paperwork. We have bought very little. Our neighbors have brought us meals and gifts for the baby. They treat us like family, which makes it a bit easier to be so far from home.

He grows bigger and stronger everyday, Auntie. His face shine with such love that I can't stop being grateful to God for this incredible gift. Our lives are nothing like we expected or planned for. Yet, God has blessed us in ways that are so astounding and undeserved. I am so thankful for you and all you taught me when we were together.

love always,

Mary

No comments: