Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Mary Letter Day 17


Jesus said, “From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. So also, when you see all these things, you know that he is near, at the very gates. Truly I tell you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.
“But about that day and hour no one knows, neither the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. For as the days of Noah were, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day Noah entered the ark, and they knew nothing until the flood came and swept them all away, so too will be the coming of the Son of Man. Then two will be in the field; one will be taken and one will be left. Two women will be grinding meal together; one will be taken and one will be left. Keep awake therefore, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming. But understand this: if the owner of the house had known in what part of the night the thief was coming, he would have stayed awake and would not have let his house be broken into. Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an unexpected hour.” Matthew 24:32-44 
Dear Auntie,
We are going on the road tonight! I am so afraid and so excited as well. Going to the city, for the first time in my life and as a married woman, wow! Leaving under the cover of darkness make me afraid, though. And this child of mine seems to gain size and weight every single day! I feel unwieldy and huge, but Joseph says he thinks all will be well. I wish I could be as calm as he seems. I've had lots of dreams that are hopeful and exciting, but the harsh reality of traveling in this condition still scares me so very much. I am praying hard that God will go with us the whole way and that I can return home to deliver this child.
Our first stop will be with relatives of Joseph, folks I have never met. They have kindly opened their home to us when Joseph told them we had gotten married. They are an older couple, I surely hoped they are not horrified by my condition or our relationship! All of this is overwhelming, and yet, it seems so much better than cowering in my room, afraid of local retribution. I have spent so much time alone, afraid of my own shadow. I have had to watch Momma putting a good face on an awful situation. At least, we will not have these daily worries.
Please pray for us Auntie! I will write when I am able, and will keep Momma and Papa informed as well. I hope I can make you all proud!
love,
Mary 



No comments: