Thursday, December 26, 2019

Mary Letter Day 26


I will exalt you, O LORD, because you have lifted me up
and have not let my enemies triumph over me.
 LORD my God, I cried out to you, and you restored me to health.
You brought me up, O LORD, from the dead; you restored my life as I was going down to the grave.
 Sing to the LORD, you faithful servants; give thanks for the remembrance of God’s holiness.
For God’s wrath endures but the twinkling of an eye, God’s favor for a lifetime.
Weeping may spend the night, but joy comes in the morning.
 While I felt secure, I said, “I shall never be disturbed.
You, LORD, with your favor, made me as strong as the mountains.”
Then you hid your face, and I was filled with fear.
I cried to you, O LORD; I pleaded with the Lord, saying,
“What profit is there in my blood, if I go down to the Pit?
will the dust praise you or declare your faithfulness?
 Hear, O LORD, and have mercy upon me; O LORD, be my helper.”
You have turned my wailing into dancing; you have put off my sack-cloth and clothed me with joy.
Therefore my heart sings to you without ceasing; O LORD my God, I will give you thanks for ever. Psalm 30
Dear Aunt Elizabeth,
I am writing to you from Bethlehem. The baby is here! He is perfect, healthy and beautiful. I am sore and have slept very little but otherwise fine and happy. I had wanted to be home with Momma and cried for her during the labor. And it was so intense and painful! There were these wonderful women that helped me through! I am in their debt, as they knew how to keep me focused and calm. They took care of Joseph too, giving him things to do and items to gather. We have been overwhelmed with kindness from complete strangers.
The women came to check on me and the baby today. I seem to be healing well and the bleeding has decreased greatly. I didn't expect quite the mess and pain that it was! I wish you had warned me, but then again, what difference would it have made? We are through it and have this wonderful little boy to hold. I love watching him sleep and Jospeh has to make me put him down. We have been overhwlemed with visitors. It seems everyone has heard of this child and wants to rejoice with us. There were moments on the journey and in the labor when I doubted God was with us. When I look on this child, I know for certain GOD is with US!
I must try to sleep since he is sleeping. We have been so well by so many that all I need to do is take care of me and baby Jesus.
love,

Mary

No comments: