Friday, December 13, 2019

Mary Letter Day 13


Seek the Lord while he wills to be found; call upon him when he draws near.
Let the wicked forsake their ways and the evil ones their thoughts;
And let them turn to the Lord, and he will have compassion, and to our God, for he will richly pardon. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor your ways my ways, says the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways,
and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as rain and snow fall from the heavens and return not again, but water the earth, bringing forth life and giving growth, seed for sowing and bread for eating,
So is my word that goes forth from my mouth; it will not return to me empty;
But it will accomplish that which I have purposed, and prosper in that for which I sent it. Isaiah 55:6-11


Dear Auntie,

Well, it has happened. I am a married woman! Of course, it all seems pretend since we are in my parents home and there is no where for Joseph to sleep in my tiny room. The rabbi suggested, very clearly, that it was best that we do not "have relations" until after the child is born. Oh, it was so awkward, and yet in it's own way very lovely.

Two of my closest friends, Sarah and Ruth, came and brought small gifts and adornments for me to wear. They also brought flowers and food. I was so touched that Momma had reached out to them! We had some time together before the Rabbi came. It was great! We laughed like little girls, teasing and joking, making fun of everything and everyone. It also made me sad, knowing that I will have to leave them sometime soon, and things will never be the same again.

Elizabeth, my heart is so fragile these days. One moment I am laughing and another I am ready to cry. Momma said that carrying a child will do that. I think the situation adds to it all. I so want to be a servant of God, but I feel so weak and terrified. Can God actually use this mess of me for the good of the world? I trust this will make sense one day, but right now, it doesn't. On the other hand, Joseph has been so kind and gentle with me. With the rest of the world so dangerous right now, it is good to have a partner who can surround me with tenderness.

love always,

Mary

No comments: