Thursday, December 5, 2019

Mary Letter Day 5





Then Moses and the Israelites sang this song to the Lord:
‘I will sing to the Lord, for he has triumphed gloriously;
   horse and rider he has thrown into the sea.
The Lord is my strength and my might,
   and he has become my salvation;
this is my God, and I will praise him,
   my father’s God, and I will exalt him.
The Lord is a warrior;
   the Lord is his name. Exodus 15:1-6






Dear Momma and Papa,

I arrived safely here. I am so grateful for your parting words to me. I know this situation is so hard to deal with and that we all are overwhelmed by where God has called us. I don't know what's next. But this time with Auntie has already given me such hope. She is so calm, so round in her body and so willing to understand all my anxieties. To help me with all of this she reminded me of this wonderful ancient hymn -

My soul magnifies the Lord
And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior;
Because He has regarded the lowliness of His handmaid;
For behold, henceforth all generations shall call me blessed;
Because He who is mighty has done great things for me,
and holy is His name;
And His mercy is from generation to generation
on those who fear Him.
He has shown might with His arm,
He has scattered the proud in the conceit of their heart.
He has put down the mighty from their thrones,
and has exalted the lowly.
He has filled the hungry with good things,
and the rich He has sent away empty.
He has given help to Israel, his servant, mindful of His mercy Even as he spoke to our fathers, to Abraham and to his posterity forever.
We sang it together, over and over. I have been singing this now as a prayer. I hope to travel home before long. Uncle Zacharias has promised to bring me home, making sure I am safe along the way. His loss of voice has not diminished his expressions. He has learned some signs and uses them all the time.

I love you and miss you both,

Mary




No comments: