Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve - Advent letter Day 18

God is our refuge and strength,

a very present help in trouble.

Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way,

though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea,

though its waters roar and foam,

though the mountains tremble at its swelling. Selah

There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,

the holy habitation of the Most High.

God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved;

God will help her when morning dawns.

The nations rage, the kingdoms totter;

he utters his voice, the earth melts.

The Lord of hosts is with us;

the God of Jacob is our fortress. Psalm 47:1-7


Dear Elizabeth,

I am so scared, excited and overwhelmed. Joseph was not able to fins any where else for us to stay and the pains have started. It looks like I am having my baby here in this stable. I so wanted to be home with Momma and the wise women of our village. They know me, and even though they all gossiped and criticized me, they would have been a great help. The dear innkeeper's wife, Ruth, has gone out to find her wise women to help with the delivery. She says it might be a while since this is my first child and I am so young. The pains are still pretty far apart at this point.

The innkeeper brought rags and blankets and other assorted necessities. He also found some sweet fresh water and brought food for Joseph. They tied several of the animals outside since the weather is good. This way there will be more room for us and the delivery process. I don't think I will be able to write much more, since the pains are long and make to write. I wish I was brave. I wish I had you to hold on to. Please pray for me, since I know that God listens to your heart. And pray for Joseph since he seems very upset and anxious. Ever time I have a pain he paces around and looks lie he will faint.

Send Momma word, if you can, and tell her the baby is coming. I cannot wait to show her the little one when we get back home.

Much love,

Carol

No comments: