Saturday, December 14, 2013

Enduring - Advent Letters Day 8

As he sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?” And Jesus answered them, “See that no one leads you astray. For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will lead many astray. And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are but the beginning of the birth pains.

“Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations for my name's sake. And then many will fall away and betray one another and hate one another. And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray. And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold. But the one who endures to the end will be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.
Matthew 24:3-14


Dear Elizabeth,

Joseph came by early this morning to say we will leave right before sunset tonight and go as far as a cousin of his, just over the next hills. We will tarry there overnight and then be on our way. It will take many days to get there since I am so slow at walking these days. I think he also wants me out of here, Things get worse by the day, They called him before him before the council and tried to make his confess of some misconduct. They think we are lying. It will also be good for Momma to have me away for a little while. Having me around upsets her and she cannot hide her fear and worry. I know she loves me and wants the best. I guess she didn't raise me to be in the midst of such controversy.

I am restless being confined to my room. I don't know how much longer I can live like this, so starting on the trip is good news. It is also quite scary since my feet are already swelling just by standing and working in the kitchen, There will be a good deal of walking in my near future, Elizabeth, and I am very anxious I won't get very far. I do not want to let Joseph down, he has been so worried these days. Well, I have to start packing now. Please pray for us as my tie is so close by, I just want to be back home before the baby comes.

much love

Mary




No comments: