Thursday, December 19, 2013

Our Soul Waits - Advent Letters Day 13

The Lord looks down from heaven;

he sees all the children of man;

from where he sits enthroned he looks out

on all the inhabitants of the earth,

he who fashions the hearts of them all

and observes all their deeds.

The king is not saved by his great army;

a warrior is not delivered by his great strength.

The war horse is a false hope for salvation,

and by its great might it cannot rescue.

Behold, the eye of the Lord is on those who fear him,

on those who hope in his steadfast love,

that he may deliver their soul from death

and keep them alive in famine.

Our soul waits for the Lord;

he is our help and our shield.

For our heart is glad in him,

because we trust in his holy name.

Let your steadfast love, O Lord, be upon us,

even as we hope in you.
Psalm 33:13-22


Dear Elizabeth,

After the fall yesterday, I woke up very sore and bruised. We decided to stay an extra night here in Nablus. There is a nice market here and a few places we can sit quietly. Joseph was so worried that the fall would have hurt the baby. I reassured him by having him feel the little boy kicking. He put his hand on my belly and felt a small little foot pressing against his hand. He started to cry. I feel so bad that I have been so moody and awkward. He has been so brave and kind through all of this. I hope I can make h8im proud. I held him my arms as he wept, and knew we are in this together and have to hang on tight to each other. We are all we have right now.

Tomorrow we hope to be moving early on the road so we can make up for lost time. The registration is upon us and we want to be heading back so I can give birth at home. I am going to try and be very grown up from now on, trusting that God will help us. I have to be strong for Joseph since he has been so strong for me. The aches are letting up as the day comes to an end. I wish I wasn't so unwieldy but this too shall pass. I have to start acting like someone's mother since my time is drawing near.

Elizabeth please pray that I can meet the challenges ahead. I am so weak at times and wish I was more like you, steady as a rock. I will try to remember all you have told me.

much love

Mary

No comments: