Thursday, December 24, 2020

Mary Letter - Day 26

1 God is our refuge and strength, * 
a very present help in trouble. 
2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth be moved, * 
and though the mountains be toppled into the depths of the sea; 
3 Though its waters rage and foam, * 
and though the mountains tremble at its tumult. 
4 The LORD of hosts is with us; * 
the God of Jacob is our stronghold. 
5 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, * 
the holy habitation of the Most High. 
6 God is in the midst of the city; it shall not be overthrown; *
God shall help it at the break of day. 7 
The nations make much ado, and the kingdoms are shaken; *
God has spoken, and the earth shall melt away. 
8 The LORD of hosts is with us; * 
the God of Jacob is our stronghold. 
9 Come now and look upon the works of the LORD, * 
what awesome things God has done on earth. 
10 It is the LORD who makes war to cease in all the world; * 
who breaks the bow, and shatters the spear, and burns the shields with fire. 
11 “Be still, then, and know that I am God; * 
I will be exalted among the nations; I will be exalted in the earth.” 
12 The LORD of hosts is with us; * 
the God of Jacob is our stronghold. Psalm 46

Dear Elizabeth,

This will have to be a short note, written in haste. Shortly after I woke up from sleep this morning, a great rush of water appeared! The wise women had warned me that my labor might begin this way. I am not cramping too much yet, but it has begun. I have been praying and Joseph has been holding my hands ever since we woke up and found out what today might bring. He gone now to fetch the wise women, and some supplies, and Rachel is here with me, helping me to keep calm. She quietly prays me through every pain. "The God of Jacob is our stronghold". she repeats over and over.

I will let Mama and Papa know, once the baby has come. For now, I do not want to worry them. This will be hard for Mama, I know, as she wanted to be with me. And, I wanted to be home for this birth. But God has a way of undoing our plans. I will have to trust God and not my own plans! Pray for strength and courage for me today and always.

much love,

Mary


No comments: