Saturday, December 19, 2020

Mary Letter - Day 21


1 Hear my prayer, O God; * 
do not hide yourself from my petition. 
2 Listen to me and answer me; * 
I have no peace, because of my cares. 
3 I am shaken by the noise of the enemy * 
and by the pressure of the wicked; 
4 For they have cast an evil spell upon me *
 and are set against me in fury. 
5 My heart quakes within me, * 
and the terrors of death have fallen upon me. 
6 Fear and trembling have come over me, * 
and horror overwhelms me. 
7 And I said, “Oh, that I had wings like a dove! * 
I would fly away and be at rest. 
8 I would flee to a far-off place * 
and make my lodging in the wilderness. 
9 I would hasten to escape * 
from the stormy wind and tempest.” 
10 Swallow them up, 
O Lord; confound their speech; * 
for I have seen violence and strife in the city. Psalm 55

Dear Mama,

We are staying a few extra days with Naomi and Jacob. I had a fall in the dark and got a little bruised and bumped and Naomi won't let me go until she has decided I am better. Truly, I am fine! I really want to have this done with and get back to you and Papa. Delays make me very anxious. I know I have to trust the Lord, and yet I do find myself more anxious than I want to be. The baby is moving quite a bit, and Joseph enjoys watching the little kicks and hiccups from inside my belly. Joseph has proved himself a very wonderful husband. So gentle and always kind and patient.

I hope you and Papa have had no more trouble from the community since the last incident. Folks are more afraid of the roman soldiers than any other authority. They seem to have no regard for God's servants. I am saddened by hoe many people want to think only the worst of me and Joseph. I guess demonizing someone else make them feel superior and righteous. How sad and misguided.

We will be on the road in the morning, we hope, if released by Naomi! We have had no harassments of late and it seems no one is following us after the first day or so. Please pray for us, Mama, and especially for me. Sometimes it's hard to be brave so far from home.

love always,

Mary


No comments: