Friday, December 4, 2020

Mary Letter - Day 7


1 Hallelujah! How good it is to sing praises to our God! 
* how pleasant it is to honor him with praise! 
2 The Lord rebuilds Jerusalem; 
* he gathers the exiles of Israel. 
3 He heals the brokenhearted 
* and binds up their wounds. 
4 He counts the number of the stars 
* and calls them all by their names. 
5 Great is our Lord and mighty in power; 
* there is no limit to his wisdom. 
6 The Lord lifts up the lowly, 
* but casts the wicked to the ground. 
7 Sing to the Lord with thanksgiving; 
* make music to our God upon the harp. 
8 He covers the heavens with clouds 
* and prepares rain for the earth; 
9 He makes grass to grow upon the mountains 
* and green plants to serve mankind. 
10 He provides food for flocks and herds 
* and for the young ravens when they cry. 
11 He is not impressed by the might of a horse; 
* he has no pleasure in the strength of a man;
12 But the Lord has pleasure in those who fear him,
 * in those who await his gracious favor. 
13 Worship the Lord, O Jerusalem; 
* praise your God, O Zion; Psalm 147

Dear Mama and Papa,

I have made it safely to Elizabeth's home. They were so happy to see me! Uncle Zechariah is so sweet in his silence, he smiles from ear to ear. And Auntie Elizabeth is so round and happy. The baby seems to be due any day soon, she looks like she might pop. As I gathered her in my arms, the babe in her belly kicked me and I felt a flutter in response. We laughed and cried in our surprise and joy. I could help but thank God for her support and affirmation and for yours. I know this is such a challenge, but at least today, I know this is a blessing.

Reuben brought me here safely and quickly. He ate well before he left and he is carrying this letter back to you for me. I think he was embarrassed by me and even more so by Elizabeth. She is spry and wrinkled, so with her huge belly, he didn't know what to do or say. It didn't ruin his appetite, though. While he ate, we shared some laughs in the kitchen at the awkward state we are in. And about how God is always a surprise. I know I will just be here for a few nights, but I am grateful for this time away. I am already feeling more hopeful and grounded. I want to make you proud of me, whatever happens. And Mama, you might have to make the dress a little bigger. I seem to be growing bigger every minute!

much love,


your loving daughter Mary

No comments: