Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Mary Letter - Day 33


1 God is our refuge and strength, * 
a very present help in trouble. 
2 Therefore we will not fear, 
though the earth be moved, * 
and though the mountains 
be toppled into the depths of the sea; 
3 Though its waters rage and foam, * 
and though the mountains tremble at its tumult. 
4 The LORD of hosts is with us; * 
the God of Jacob is our stronghold. 
5 There is a river whose streams 
make glad the city of God, * 
the holy habitation of the Most High. 
6 God is in the midst of the city; 
it shall not be overthrown; * 
God shall help it at the break of day. 
7 The nations make much ado, 
and the kingdoms are shaken; * 
God has spoken, and the earth shall melt away. 
8 The LORD of hosts is with us; * 
the God of Jacob is our stronghold. Psalm 48:1-8


Dear Elizabeth,

I have thought of you so often these days. I do so wish I could be with you to laugh and compare notes about being a mother. You always calmed me down, when I was anxious and afraid. I cannot tell Mama and Papa, but these days, here is this teeming city, make me anxious and afraid. The rumors swirl around of the cruelty and bizarre behavior of both the Roman and the Palestinian leaders. The political climate is unstable, and threats have been spoken concerning a child born here. We are very careful. At night, I sit out and pray under the stars, the winter night sky make me feel closer to God. This child, also, make me feel so close to God and ferociously protective, like I never imagined!

The wise women have come and checked up on me and they want me to wait a few days before we travel back home. I feel pretty strong, but they were adamant about me waiting a bit longer. They bring me tea that they promise will strengthen me and my milk. I am grateful for them really, even if I am a bit scared of them! They are a force to be reckoned with. Joseph went off today with the hope of finally getting the paper work filed. He has been so persistent and patient. I think some of the officials expect bribes, but he refused to do anything illegal. I am very proud of him and the good man that he is. I was worried that the baby would be too much for him, but he has been so strong for all of us. I am so glad I am not on my own! Keep us in your prayers as you are always in mine.

love,

Mary

No comments: