Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Mary Letter - Day 32


O LORD, you are my God; 
I will exalt you, I will praise your name; 
for you have done wonderful things, 
plans formed of old, faithful and sure. 
For you have made the city a heap, 
the fortified city a ruin; 
the palace of aliens is a city no more, 
it will never be rebuilt. 
Therefore strong peoples will glorify you; 
cities of ruthless nations will fear you. 
For you have been a refuge to the poor, 
a refuge to the needy in their distress, 
a shelter from the rainstorm and 
a shade from the heat. 
When the blast of the ruthless 
was like a winter rainstorm, 
the noise of aliens like heat in a dry place,
 you subdued the heat with the shade of clouds; 
the song of the ruthless was stilled. Isaiah 25:1-5



Dear Mama,

The weather has been brutally cold here, but we are snug and warm. I walk about on the property but avoid the hustle and bustle of the city. Joseph has persisted in going to the census office every day but it has been closed, with out notice, or the line is so long he never reaches the desk. He has been very patient with all of this and has turned out to be a wonderful fahter. He loved caring for our little boy. He is as willing to clean him up as he is to play with him. We often sit out in the winter daylight, laying the baby on a blanket, as he coos to the birds flying above. He is fascinated with everything and we watch him with delight.

Mama, our hosts have been so kind. They feed us well and keep the busybodies and any authorities away from us. We have so little to give them in return, but they shrug it off and say they are honored to have us here. They have grandchildren of their own, but they do not live here, so I think we provide a good substitute. They too often come to sit with us and play with Jesus. He smiles and gurgles at them. They smile and laugh in return. 

Pray that we can finally get on the road back home. I imagine the roads will be quite crowded still, but I think I will be able to walk much more effectively. The wise women are checking on me regularly, giving me feeding tips. They don't want me heading out on a long journey just as yet as they say I need more time to heal. Missing you and Papa so much!

love

Mary

No comments: