Friday, December 11, 2020

Mary Letter - Day 13


1 In you, O LORD, have I taken refuge; 
let me never be put to shame; * 
deliver me in your righteousness. 
2 Incline your ear to me; * 
make haste to deliver me. 
3 Be my strong rock, a castle to keep me safe, 
for you are my crag and my stronghold; * 
for the sake of your Name, lead me and guide me. 
4 Take me out of the net that they have secretly set for me, *
for you are my tower of strength. 
5 Into your hands I commend my spirit, * 
for you have redeemed me, 
O LORD, O God of truth. Psalm 35:1-5










Dear Elizabeth,

 I am praying for you and your little one. Thank you for your letter to me with all the happy news and stories. I miss you so! I wish, now more than ever I could come and be with you again. I too have news to share, but it is not so happy.

Joseph came home with some very challenging information. A census worker stopped him and inquired where his family was from. He then informed him that he would have to travel to the place of his birth to be registered. That means a trip to Bethlehem! He would take the trip alone, he said but the man said he had to take his wife or any children as well! As if there were not enough challenges in our lives! When he came home and told me, I broke down and sobbed. I try to be strong but some times all of this is too much for me!

Joseph was very kind and held me while I wept. He then sat at the dinner table and made a plan with all of us. We will be traveling with great caution since there are people who might want to harm us. How is it that God's servants are a threat to others? I said yes to God and now people hate me? They think the worst and enjoy despising us, I guess. Joseph has been very kind and consoling, making sure I know he will protect me and make our way safe. I am grateful for him, more and more every day.

Tomorrow the wise women come, in order to make sure I am safe to travel. I expect they will inspect me as they did you! I am not looking forward to it, but, I will be brave, I hope. I want to keep this child safe and be as strong and faithful as possible. This is all happening so fast. I feel so unprepared. Pray for us!

love,

Mary

No comments: