Saturday, December 26, 2020


1 O LORD, I call to you; my Rock, do not be deaf to my cry; * 
lest, if you do not hear me, I become like those who go down to the Pit. 
2 Hear the voice of my prayer when I cry out to you, * 
when I lift up my hand to your holy of holies. 
3 Do not snatch me away with the wicked or with the evildoers, * 
who speak peaceably with their neighbors, while strife is in their hearts. 
4 Repay them according to their deeds, * 
and according to the wickedness of their actions. 
5 According to the work of their hands repay them, * 
and give them their just deserts. 
6 O LORD, they have no understanding of your doings, 
nor of the works of your hands; * 
therefore you will break them down and not build them up. 
7 Blessed is the LORD! * f
or you have heard the voice of my prayer. 
8 The LORD is my strength and my shield; * 
my heart trusts in you, and I have been helped; 
9 Therefore my heart dances for joy, *
 and in my song will I praise you. 
10 You, O LORD, are the strength of your people, * 
a safe refuge for your anointed. 
11 Save your people and bless your inheritance; * 
shepherd them and carry them for ever. Psalm 28

Dearest Elizabeth,

The baby arrived while we are in Bethlehem! It was so hard to be away from home, but remarkably, the people here have made it comfortable. The inn keeper and his wife have been so generous and kind. We are in their stable, but they have done everything to make it pleasant and warm. They brought in wise women at their expsense to help me with the birthing.  The women have checked on me daily, bringing me food and treats and making sure I get plenty of sunshine and water. I think they like being around the baby, so any excuse will bring them to our door!

Samuel, the inn keeper, has been a rock for Joseph to lean on and learn about being a father. Joseph is a natural though. He loves holding the little boy, sings to him and is always willing to clean him up and change him. The wise women want me to walk a little every day, so Joseph walks with me in the crowded vity, my protector and my arm to lean on. People often stop to look at the child and Joseph radiates such pride. We don't tell folks our true story, because it is so complicated and so unbelievable .Yet we know, God has done a new thing, a wondrous thing and we are honored to be his parents. 

I am healing up well but I am never sure I will ever get enough sleep again! I don't mind so much and try to nap when he naps, but again there is always much to do when he is sleeping! I can't wait to show him off to you!

love,

Mary


No comments: