Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Mary Letter - Day 18


 

50 This is my comfort in my trouble, 
* that your promise gives me life. 
51 The proud have derided me cruelly, * 
but I have not turned from your law. 
52 When I remember your judgments of old, * 
O LORD, I take great comfort. 
53 I am filled with a burning rage, *
 because of the wicked who forsake your law. 
54 Your statutes have been like songs to me * 
wherever I have lived as a stranger. 
55 I remember your name in the night, O LORD, * 
and dwell upon your law. 
56 This is how it has been with me, * 
because I have kept your commandments. 
57 You only are my portion, O LORD; * 
I have promised to keep your words. 
58 I entreat you with all my heart, * 
be merciful to me according to your promise. 
59 I have considered my ways * 
and turned my feet toward your decrees. 
60 I hasten and do not tarry * 
to keep your commandments. 
61 Though the cords of the wicked entangle me, *
I do not forget your law. 
62 At midnight I will rise to give you thanks, * 
because of your righteous judgments. 
63 I am a companion of all who fear you * 
and of those who keep your commandments. 
64 The earth, O LORD, is full of your love; * 
instruct me in your statutes. Psalm 119:50-64

Dear Elizabeth,

It seems as if  the plans are coming together and we will be on the road tomorrow night. Papa really wants us to get underway safely and quickly. We have had more attacks, mostly verbal, with a few rocks thrown into the garden.  My whole world is changing so quickly. I am like a lumbering bear, wide and round, hungry all the time. And I am a married woman who is going on a journey that I have never done before. I will leave the only home I've ever known. Ripped from everything that is familiar and thrown onto strange and dangerous journey. I am terrified!

I am packing as we speak. The nights will be cold and the days hot, so making sure we have enough to sustain us is important. Mama is cooking like crazy as we speak, as well as packing dry food and some water until we find a well. Hopefully there will be enough moonlight to guide our steps as we start out. On top of everything, I have packed the little baby clothes we made, along with the many. many diapers. Mama instructed me on their cleaning and washing as well as how to care for a baby's skin. I pray I make it back home before this child arrives! Pray for us, as I want to be brave but am feeling so anxious and afraid.

Love,

Mary




No comments: