Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Mary Letter - Day 12


19 The Lord cares for the lives of the godly, *
and their inheritance shall last for ever.

20 They shall not be ashamed in bad times, *
and in days of famine they shall have enough.

21 As for the wicked, they shall perish, *
and the enemies of the Lord, like the glory of
the meadows, shall vanish;
they shall vanish like smoke.

22 The wicked borrow and do not repay, *
but the righteous are generous in giving.

23 Those who are blessed by God shall possess the land, *
but those who are cursed by him shall be destroyed.

24 Our steps are directed by the Lord; *
he strengthens those in whose way he delights.

25 If they stumble, they shall not fall headlong, *
for the Lord holds them by the hand.

26 I have been young and now I am old, *
but never have I seen the righteous forsaken,
or their children begging bread.

27 The righteous are always generous in their lending, *
and their children shall be a blessing.

28 Turn from evil, and do good, *
and dwell in the land for ever.

29 For the Lord loves justice; *
he does not forsake his faithful ones.

30 They shall be kept safe for ever, *
but the offspring of the wicked shall be destroyed.

31 The righteous shall possess the land *
and dwell in it for ever.
Psalm 37:19-31


Dear Elizabeth,

I am so happy for you! Word came to us that you have been delivered. A healthy boy and a happy Mother, as well as Zechariah has a voice again. You are witnessing the promises of God. You give me such great hope and courage, despite all we have to face here. I can't wait to see you and hope it won't be long. Papa doesn't want me to travel again until after I have been delivered. Then our two little ones can meet.

The days are long as they men get to their work and I am stuck indoors for my protection. Mama and I have been sewing baby clothes together, and she has been telling me about her experiences. Papa, who I have only known as brave, was very scared when Mama was expecting me! Wow, who knew? He wasn't around women growing up, and didn't know what to expect or how to handle himself. She made me laugh with all those stories. She has also made arrangements for the wise women to come and check me over in preparation for giving birth. Even though there is plenty of time, she wants me to be healthy and safe. I'm glad I was with you when you have your "inspection" but I am still very nervous about it.

The days are growing shorter and the nights are much colder. I sit up at night with Joseph and we talk about everything. We are getting to know each other, little by little. He is very earnest and serious, I try to make him laugh. He likes to sing and had a very nice voice, so some nights we sing together. I guess marriage is about harmonizing as best as we can.

Much love,


Carol



No comments: