Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Mary Letter - Day 24


1 O God, be merciful to us and bless us, * 

show us the light of your countenance and come to us. 
2 Let your ways be known upon earth, * 
your saving health among all nations. 
3 Let the peoples praise you, O God; * 
let all the peoples praise you. 
4 Let the nations be glad and sing for joy, * 
for you judge the peoples with equity and 
guide all the nations upon earth. 
5 Let the peoples praise you, O God; * 
let all the peoples praise you. 
6 The earth has brought forth its increase; * 
may God, our own God, bless us. 
7 O God, give us your blessing, * 
may all the ends of the earth stand in awe of you. Psalm 67









Dear Elizabeth,

This journey is exhausting and always surprising. The road is so jammed with people trying to get to the census offices all across the area. We are staying miles outside the city with other cousins Ruth and Levi. They are elderly and cannot provide much more than a mat on the floor, but we are happy to be off the road for a bit. We have been moving so slowly because of the crowds and my limitations. I am waddling slowly these days, feeling so huge and unwieldy. The baby is still kicking but the space must be tight. I am always hungry and a little sick to my stomach. Motherhood is a daily challenge!

Joseph and I have grown closer day by day. When we walk we talk together, telling stories from our childhoods and talking about folks we know in common. His heart is so kind and he holds me gently when I am ready to fall apart - which is often. He doesn't seem to mind the pace we must keep, and has recited the psalms to me to help me fall asleep. He has a lovely singing voice as well, and I often overhear him singing softly to himself. He is such a comfort.

I imagine we will arrive in the city tomorrow, at least that's the plan. I have learned that plans are often interrupted and God has a different thing in mind! 

Much love,

Mary

No comments: